Monday 2 June 2014

A little list of lovelies...

So as I seem to keep mentioning in my blog posts, my 21st birthday is indeed coming up fast and it is getting to that point when I will be inundated with people (i.e: my mother) asking me what I want for my birthday. I have already made a post of ideas for unusual gifts to give people on milestones such as their 21st.

This time however I decided to make a list of the things I really would like to be unwrapping in August...

One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six

I love F.r.i.e.n.d.s. Always have, always will. Ever since we changed from Sky to BT TV there has been a severe lack of this show in my life and it distresses me. That being said I did start to collect them after Richard got me some as presents but the box sets don't match up and to complete my collection would cost more than just to buy this set. It also contains bonus material as well which I would love to see.

I am also a big fan of Jon Richardson's stand up. I love watching 8 out of 10 cats now because I really relate to his humour and he has me in stitches. I saw his stand up show 'Funny Magnet' some time last year and I was crying with laughter so I would love to see it again. Also I wouldn't turn down tickets to his new tour either *wink wink, nod nod*. I'd also like his book 'It's not me, it's you' which details his struggle with OCD and how it impacts his daily life, not to mention his relationships too. 

Another comedian I am enjoying watching at the minute is Josh Widdicombe who is equally as awkward as Jon Richardson. That being said I love his delivery of humour and haven't actually seen any of his stand up tour so this is a must watch.

I feel bad that I don't read enough books any more and I ended up taking one all the way to Wales with me and not touching it at all. This being said it is my aim to finish a book I was given two years ago and to read more. I read the book 'Living Dolls' for my A Level course in Communication and Culture and I found it fascinating and would really like to give it another read.

Finally a CD to put on the list of things I want. I remember when I was younger having a list full of CD's but now I tend to use Spotify to listen to new releases and decide whether or not I want to buy them. This Of Monsters and Men album was something I constantly played in the car from my phone and now that I finally have a CD player in Kenny I miss listening to it so I would love to have that in time for the summer.

One | Two | Three

The list of things for myself in terms of clothing and accessories is pretty small at the minute because I constantly trawl through the internet and make lists of things and then forget about them. So for now I have just put on one dress that I spotted months ago and still love which I think would be great for the Summer.

I also spotted this watch last year after my last one broke and have been meaning to replace. I love the simplicity of it and of course the moustache theme. It is so handy to have a watch when you work with children especially on lunch time duty when you lose track of time.

Finally my absolute favourite perfume, The One by Dolce & Gabbana is something that will be on every birthday and Christmas list. Richard chose it by himself and bought it for me a couple of years ago and I adore it. That being said I only use it on special occasions because it is expensive and is in such a small bottle. I would love to be unwrapping this on my birthday.

One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six

I would really love one of these beautiful money pots for my birthday after receiving one for Christmas which is now almost full. For Richard and I having a place to save all of our pennies away is really handy, particularly when living together. Every penny counts. 

I am a lover of lists (as this blog post probably proves) and I really like anything by The Bright Side company so this is the perfection. I would definitely scribble down blog post ideas in this lovely little book.

Also this is a rather strange addition to my list but one which is definitely needed in such an accident prone household. I am first aid trained but don't really have the supplies in the house other than the odd plaster to get us by. I'd like to have something better than an ice cream tub to display all of our medical supplies and this is another piece by The Bright Side company that does just that in a fun way.

Another item I was given for Christmas was this amazing Yankee Candle in Vanilla Cupcake. It was quite the talking point with guests because of its size and amazing smell. I was gutted when I finally finished it and feel lost without having a candle lit. I definitely want to have it again and candles make great gifts so I'm hopeful I will receive another.

These little guys have been on the last few lists I have made and I absolutely adore them. I am a huge fan of the Keep Calm and Carry On franchise and have a very British theme in the front room of the house. I would love to have one of these mice to display on our feature table so fingers crossed I receive one of these this year.

And finally a new little gem I stumbled across on a social networking site which sounds like a food lover and bloggers dream. Degusta are a company that send out boxes each month containing new and popular products ranging from snacking food to marinades to cider. Each box is different every month and contains 10-15 products, many of which haven't even hit the shelves yet from major brands such as Kettle, Dr Oetker and McVities. As someone who has enjoyed receiving food from Graze I would definitely like trying out new food, drink and products in the kitchen and with the first box reduced to £6.49 it really is a great and unusual gift.

So there you have it, a list of little wonders that would be very well received this year and I am sure this list will grow...

No comments:

Post a Comment