Sunday 15 June 2014

Inspiration Made Easy

I love to try new things, particularly when it comes to food. In one of my last blog posts I mentioned how I liked nothing more than to pull new ideas from supermarket magazines. 

Yesterday while doing my weekly shop I managed to find a selection from Asda and Tesco and thought I would share with you what they have to offer and why they are always worth picking up.


I start of with Asda's monthly magazine which combines food, health and fashion into one handy booklet that makes an easy read. I managed to pick this up as I was hastily trying to pack away my shopping at the till and quickly snuck this into one of my bags. I always keep a look out for these because this is where I have found some great recipes that are not only easy but also budget friendly too. 


The recipes are displayed with great pictures and easy to read instructions that also tell you handy short cuts should you not have the time to make it yourself or would like to know other ingredients you could add to make it even better. I like to tear these out and tuck them away in my handy 'Splosh' recipe box.


As well as recipes they show you some of the latest products they have in store including food, fashion and beauty. All in all it is a great read and one which I will pick up time and time again as well as passing it on to my friends and family.

I also popped into Tesco yesterday and just had to pick up their latest magazine and Home catalogue that were littered across the store.


I was pleasantly surprised by the Home catalogue that Tesco had brought out, particularly after the success of Asda's new home range. I was seriously impressed when I saw that catalogue a couple of months back and quickly made a wish list and began dreaming. That being said Tesco's range was equally as pleasing and the catalogue itself looked incredibly professional. 

I was also pleased that they had a break from the homeware and also showed how their products can be used in food preparation with these handy pull out recipe cards. They also left a paper version of the recipes in the book which means that you can easily share it with your friends without having to explain what was on the missing pages.


Finally I picked up Tesco's version of their monthly magazine that shares food, family and living all in one handy package. Seen as I rate Asda's magazine so highly I was slightly sceptical that Tesco's own wouldn't live up to it. Although the magazine had some interesting articles I only found one recipe that really caught my eye which was this yummy looking fruit pie. That being said I am sure that many other people would enjoy the articles on offer and it certainly is worth a look.



So there you have it, a quick insight into why I love free magazines and just why they provide some fresh pieces of inspiration perfect for the Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment