Wednesday 14 May 2014

It's kind of a big deal...

So it is my 21st birthday in less than three months and as I have previously mentioned everyone raves on about being twenty one and inundate me with questions about my plans and what I want to receive. 

As a child I could think of hundreds of things I wanted for my birthday. I would spend hours looking through the Argos catalogue, listing all of the wonderful toys I wanted including a sweet shop which I am still yet to receive. However, as I have got older I have found it harder and harder to think of things I both want and need other than the odd pair of tights and socks. 

The more I think about it, the more I realise that saying "I don't know" or coming with a list of odds and ends really wont do so I have tried to come up with a few 'exciting' ideas for those who would like to do something a little different or give me a gift to remember. These are great ideas for anyone else who also might know someone turning twenty one or who have someone who is tricky to buy for. Here are just a few things I have quickly researched...



I really enjoy looking for new recipes and ideas especially now that I am the one who has to come up with meals each week. I always pick up the free magazines that the supermarkets offer but I would love to have a full magazine of ideas. I don't actually buy magazines any more because I feel that I could use the money a lot better and I find they vary on quality. GoodFood magazine is definitely one I would enjoy however and I have a lot of their recipe books at home. A subscription package is definitely something I would enjoy having and it's always better when you know you aren't paying!

I also like the idea of these experience packages you can buy online. I had a quick nose at buyagift.co.uk and found a fantastic opportunity to visit the Shard which is the tallest building in London and an architectural masterpiece. Richard and I love London and this is certainly something I would enjoy (Richard is afraid of heights but I am sure he would manage for an opportunity like this). 

I also like the idea of having meaningful gifts that you can keep. Whenever I buy presents for people I always think of things they have told me and buy something personal to them which I think makes me Queen of Gifts. I have a charm bracelet which I like to fill with charms from places that are special to me or of things that hold a significance so these 21st charms would be a great addition and something to keep forever.

I also found these offers on Newspaper articles from your day of birth which I think would be fascinating and a brilliant keepsake. My parents kept articles in my memory box for some years but to have an entire newspaper would be really interesting. They also have offers on memory books that document news events on your birthday from birth to the present year which would also make a really lovely gift for a 21st birthday.

Finally I found this amazing gift on etsy.com for personalised dishes with your own handwritten recipes on there. I would certainly love to get my great grandmothers recipes printed onto these dishes in memory of her amazing cooking. Practical and a lovely gift.

 Now to try and think of something for Richard's 21st birthday... Gulp!

No comments:

Post a Comment