Saturday 17 May 2014

Sunshine and Shades...

Today England is enjoying a heat wave and we are a country that can't have one of these without gloating to everyone else about it, donning a pair of short shorts and rushing to the local supermarket to stock up on BBQ food...

I was very much one of these irritating individuals as I headed off to Asda this morning to do our weekly shop, filling my trolley with meat, instant BBQ's and salad. I also met about 80% of the town's local population there doing exactly the same thing. I then got home and put on my shorts that were hiding at the back of the wardrobe, a strappy top and my shades and headed off into the garden to make the most of the warm weather.

I must admit I am impressed with the garden at the minute. All of that hard work from the past two weekends has really paid off- the weeds have only started to slowly creep back, the flowers are in bloom and the grass is looking greener than ever. So here is a quick look at this afternoons handy work and the garden...


 

I am looking forward to our BBQ in the garden tonight along with an ice chilled whisky and coke and a bit of chilled out music.

All in all, it's a pretty perfect place to be blogging from...



No comments:

Post a Comment