Wednesday 9 July 2014

Devilishly Destructive Delights Reviews: Graze Nibblebox

So this post is a review on the much loved company, Graze. For those that haven't come across it already it is a brilliant organisation that sends you boxes of wonderful new snacks daily, weekly or monthly. 

This isn't the first time I have tried their 'Nibblebox' in fact this is the fourth one I have received. I first sampled their products last year after using their promotional code and receiving a free box. I enjoyed it immensely but at the time couldn't justify buying boxes monthly after just moving house. However after a few months they sent me another code that offered a half price box and since then I have kept receiving them every couple of months. 

I had actually forgotten that my latest box was due so it was a wonderful surprise to get in after a long days hard work to see this sitting on the door mat. I was eager to open it and see what was inside this months package and I thought I would take the opportunity to review the contents for you.

First of all I have to discuss the packaging simply because I adore it. So simple yet so aesthetically pleasing. It has a really rustic and organic feel to it and the messages are so well written and friendly, it immediately draws you in...




Moving on to the products themselves, I had quite a selection on offer in this box. I must admit it wasn't the most exciting box I had ever received but nothing made me recoil in horror and everything was eaten. That is the wonderful thing about Graze; they allow you to pick and choose what you would like to receive and what you wouldn't which means that you won't receive a box and think it is a waste of money just because you don't like the snacks. So here is what I had in this months box...


My first item was something entirely new to me- Guilt Free High Tea which included their 'Brilliant Banana Bread with dates and hazelnuts and Afternoon Infusion that combined Assam and Kenyan leaves.' Graze tea was a new treat for me, in fact I had no idea they even did tea but as the handy pamphlet informed me, the tea packages were now part of the Nibblebox. I was really eager to try this along with the Banana Bread and immediately popped the kettle on. 


Obviously when making a brew I just had to use my new mug from the wonderful Sass & Belle that I brought in Covent Garden with Naomi. 



I also love Graze's attention to detail with features such as this really cute tea tag. I really am easily pleased!


So after many pointless pictures of the process in which I made the tea I finally settled down with my tea and cake feeling alarmingly excited about the whole thing. I ate the cake while my tea cooled down and it was delicious. The Banana Bread was soft and light with a slight hint of banana which was perfect for myself because I am very particular when it comes to bananas and their flavour.  I have always found that most of the banana cakes I have tasted in the past have been quite overpowering and wet. I was also expecting the cake to be quite 'bitty' from the hazelnuts and dates but again I was pleasantly surprised. My only criticism would be that it lacked the 'wow factor' in terms of the amount of dates and hazelnuts and accompanying spices. That being said I still enjoyed it immensely and would certainly be pleased to have it in my box again.

The tea. Well the tea made a nice change from my usual PG Tips. It was very much like the Earl Grey I occasionally had at my parents and was very pleasant in flavour- not too fragrant which can be off putting. Again I did feel it slightly lacked the 'wow factor' but then again would having more 'umpf' be too much? There really is no pleasing some people...


The next product I tried from Graze was the Cherry Fudge Sundae with chocolate fudge, cherries, cherry raisins and almonds. I must admit that the almonds were not consumed by myself and were fed to my other half who enjoyed them immensely. I am a bit funny when it comes to nuts (so to speak). Peanuts is about as much as I can muster eating without being hidden in something so the idea of eating almonds in this form rather than being ground was too much for me. I did however enjoy the rest of the tub. I found the cherries to be sweet and refreshing. The cherry raisins could have had me fooled for being, well, just your average raisins. Naturally I enjoyed the chocolate fudge pieces no end and enjoyed selecting all three and mixing them together. 


I must admit I was really pleased to see these in my box having had a similar product in one of my previous orders. Here I had Soy Bites and Sweet Chilli Sauce to munch on which made a great snack while I waited for dinner to be cooked. The bites were great to dip into the sauce which certainly had a fiery kick to it. My only criticism of this product was there wasn't quite enough bites for the amount of sauce provided. Overall a great product that I would love to have again...


Finally I snacked on Graze's Walnut and Vanilla Truffle which contained walnuts, fudge, raisins and vanilla pumpkin seeds. I will confess this was the product I was least looking forward to sampling and one which I wish I had marked off of my request list simply because as I mentioned earlier I am not crazy on nuts. Again my partner in crime begrudgingly ate the walnuts (not to mention some of the fudge too!) and the sunflower seeds were left altogether. The fudge was very sweet and in my eyes a much needed addition to the selection and the raisins were refreshing next to the dry nuts. Overall a little disappointing but potentially another persons dream. 

This box for me was actually quite refreshing and I was glad it had a selection of products I ordinarily wouldn't have chosen. I have been fortunate that my last three boxes were full of things I really wanted and enjoyed so having a completely different selection made a nice change. I would wholeheartedly recommend Graze to anyone especially with their great range of products for kids and breakfasts. This certainly wont be the last box I will be receiving...


For your 1st, 5th and 10th free box use my code ELLENR9JP and start happy snacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment