Monday 28 July 2014

Devilishly Destructive Delights Reviews: Another Graze Nibblebox

So earlier this month I reviewed a Graze Nibblebox for the first time on this blog and I received a lovely response on Twitter from none other than Graze themselves...


It only seemed fair that I should review my latest Nibblebox from them and tell you about their latest delicious products. It wouldn't be a Graze review unless I took excessive amounts of pictures of their stunning packaging so please excuse me for just a moment...




Just like the last box I received in this one I had a sample of their tea and limited edition cake not to mention three other products I hadn't tried before so I was keen to get stuck in!


My first product to sample had to be the limited edition Love Cake and Afternoon Tea Infusion.





So whilst I was waiting for my kettle to boil I had a quick read of the handy leaflet that accompanied my box that told me all about the origin of my cake. In the Love Cake was a combination of almonds, orange zest, spices and honey. As soon as I opened the packaging I was hit by the amazing smell of this cake and I was keen to try it. The cake certainly didn't disappoint. It was packed full of flavour although I must admit it was slightly on the dry side which could have been down to how long ago it was made or due to the lack of wheat flour and butter. Who knows! Who cares! It was still delicious and the tea certainly was a pleasant way to wash it down. This is definitely a cake I want to recreate at home so watch this space...


I then tried the Smoky Chipotle Dip and Rosemary Breadsticks. Again I was hit with an array of flavours as soon as I opened the packaging and I was excited to try it. I am not really one for pickles, which was immediately what the dip reminded me of but I was certainly swayed by the combination. The dip was sweet and spicy and complimented the fairly plain breadsticks perfectly. These were a great snack whilst I was watching a spot of rubbish daytime telly and something I would be happy to have again.


I was pleased to see a favourite combination of mine in this box in the form of these Rhubarb slices, custard raisins and apple pieces. I have also posted recently on my love of Rhubarb and Custard and how my own baking has been influenced. I must admit however I quickly took out all of the apple pieces. I happened to sample these in a previous box and was unimpressed by the dehydrated and chewy pieces of 'apple'. This did however leave me to concentrate on the main areas of interest. I chose to combine the custard raisins and rhubarb pieces with each mouthful I took and it was definitely a great combination- the sharp taste of the rhubarb against the smooth sweet taste of the custard was perfect and I was sad to see the end of the packet. I definitely want to look into making my own custard raisins because they were bloody gorgeous- well done Graze!


And finally it was time for the Copacabana which consisted of both dark and milk chocolate buttons and chunky Brazil nuts. Now as I mentioned in my previous Graze review I am not one for nuts (so to speak) but these feature heavily in a lot of their products so once again my partner in crime polished them off for me.

All in all another successful and tasty Graze box! What will the next one have in store for me?

For your 1st, 5th and 10th free Graze box use my code ELLENR9JP and start snacking happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment