Wednesday 20 August 2014

Autumn Attire

So yesterday I blogged about some of the Autumn homeware that is starting to emerge in stores but what about clothing? 

I love Autumn, as I have already mentioned and this year I have a firm idea in mind of what I need and what I'd like to see in my wardrobe. 

I've had a quick search online to see what some of the high street stores have on offer and I'm certain there will be more to come when the sales are out of the way, but for now here are some of the things that have caught my eye...



One | Two | Three | Four | Five

Something I have certainly noticed already in the early Autumn season wear is the prominence of colours like mustard and burgundy. I have lots of burgundy items already so I am leaning towards getting some mustard tones in my wardrobe which look nice against my hair colour and will brighten up my outfits. 

I am a massive lover of tartan but don't have a plaid skirt anymore so I am very tempted with this one from Forever21. I think it would look great with a mustard top, black tights and some ankle boots. 

I also love this cream jumper which is pretty much an exact replica of one I have got in my wardrobe at the minute. I've had mine for years after buying it from F&F with Richard and since then I haven't been able to find anything like it. Mine washes so well and is so soft and comfortable I was really gutted when I couldn't get another so I am thrilled to see this online and I will certainly be buying it!



One | Two | Three

I really love boots in Autumn, perfect for kicking my way through some crunchy leaves. I have definitely noticed by shoe cupboard looking in a bit of a sorry looking state. All of my boots that I've had for years are worn out and in desperate need of replacing. I've had my eye on this style of ankle boot for a while and I have found two contenders from Tesco and Matalan. I think the Tesco pair might be swaying it for me however because even though they are more expensive they look as though they would last longer than the suede pair from Matalan especially in wet weather. I think they are worth the investment.

I also noticed this scarf from H&M which is currently on sale for their pre-autumn range. I'm not normally one for fashion statement scarves, instead only wearing them for warming purposes with a big coat but I think this could really make a fairly boring Autumn outfit interesting. 

This is only a handful of items and as soon as the stores realise that it is no longer Summer I'm sure they will bring out plenty more. I'm personally keeping my eyes peeled for a new winter coat complete with hood for those wet and windy days standing on the playground. 

What will you be needing this Autumn?

No comments:

Post a Comment