Tuesday 19 August 2014

That Autumn Feel...

So I have once again been looking around at the latest homeware and there is a definite trend across them all- Autumn. Hard to believe they are already ditching the Summer gear in August and looking ahead to the colder months but I guess that's just Britain summed up- we are never happy! Clintons are even stocking Christmas cards and giftwrap forgoodnesssake. 

That being said I am definitely a lover of Autumn- kicking my way through the crunchy leaves, the amazing amber colours and of course the snuggle jumpers and boots. 

So here we have some of my favourites from the big stores and ones that I am keen to make a purchase of...



One | Two | Three | Four

I have featured these fantastic 'Get Organised' boxes from Matalan on a previous homeware post but I still absolutely adore them and think they are a great investment. Super adaptable thanks to the chalkboard label and a really great piece for any styled home. I would certainly use at least one of these in the front room for all those odds and ends you accumulate such as magazines- my current box can't stand the weight so these would be perfect. 

I have also blogged about this great little unit which I think would be useful in our hallway on the table that really does collect our bits and bobs that don't seem to have a home anywhere else, such as our keys and sunglasses. There is a similar unit available also from Matalan with an extra drawer and a far simpler design.

I also like this laundry basket which is really handy when you have as much washing as we seem to. It seems crazy to me that a house occupied by two people can have so much washing. What is even more frustrating is the tedious task of sorting through it all every single time I want to do a load. I like to think this might bring some order to our lives. We shall see.



One | Two

I love a good photo frame and these two are great. I am still yet to put up my FreePrints Polaroids and I like this first frame because it would really help us change our pictures more frequently. I also like this 'You  & I' frame which would look great with a couple of nice portraits in.



One | Two | Three | Four | Five

It is here that I think the Autumn theme becomes apparent. The red, orange and grey tones work perfectly together and it is a firm favourite at the minute. This is why I love this tablecloth so much and I think it would look great with some of the other accessories I have chosen here...

Firstly I love this cute teacup lamp shade which would be perfect for the kitchen. 

I adore both foxes and hares so these little glasses are just made for me. I also like these really simple wine glasses that continue the red theme we have in the kitchen. 

This chopping board is really applicable for mine and Richards relationship, especially when it comes to cutting pizza- he always takes the biggest slices! Hopefully this might prevent that.



One | Two

I think this old fashioned calendar is great fun and quite different to some of the block ones I have seen recently. I also love this lantern and Tesco Direct have so many different varieties of this in many shapes, sizes and colours all of which are in their Summer sales so you better be quick!

There you have it. All the things that I am currently drooling over. I'm well and truly excited for Autumn now, are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment