Wednesday 22 October 2014

Devilishly Destructive Delights Visits: Stanborough Park

As I have previously mentioned on this blog I am an Autumn lover. Everything about this time of year makes me excited. The dark mornings, the jumpers, the crunchy leaves, the golden trees and everything else in between. I like nothing better than to put on a warm coat, a pair of boots and go for a walk, hand in hand with Richard, maybe kicking my way through some crisp leaves if he lets me. 

So whilst we were out in Watford on Saturday we researched areas of interest nearby and came across Stanborough Park on TripAdvisor and instantly fell in love after seeing this gorgeous picture...


So we typed in the postcode on our trusty sat nav and made our way to the park. It was relatively quiet on a Saturday afternoon and the weather was just right- not too cold, not too windy and certainly not raining which was a bonus! We parked the car and started to explore the various footpaths and bridges in the area. There was certainly lots of wildlife to see including some gorgeous young swans, one of which was particularly photogenic. 


At busier and warmer times of year there are certainly lots of things to keep visitors busy including a playground, climbing apparatus and boating. On this day however it was quiet and slightly eery. 

  

We made our way around the park, snapping lots of pictures along the way, taking in all of the beauty that Autumn has to offer.





Stanborough Park and the surrounding town were simply gorgeous and it is certainly a place I would love to visit again. I imagine it looks magical at any time of year and must be popular among families and dog walkers. I would definitely recommend taking a trip and maybe even stopping off at the local Beefeater for a spot of lunch.

I have very little else to say, in fact I think these final two pictures speak for themselves...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment