Monday 5 January 2015

Devilishly Destructive Delights Bakes: Crunchie Traybake

I am a bit of a chocolate lover so you can imagine my excitement when I tasted a version of this traybake a couple of months back. As soon as I bit into it I knew I had to make it. Low and behold that weekend I made my own version of the crunchie traybake and it was a massive hit with Richard. Weeks passed however and I forgot all about it until yesterday when I decided to make it again. Remembering just how good it tasted I decided it was just too delicious to keep as a cheeky little secret so I've decided to share the recipe with you all. It's delicious and oh so easy to make. For those who fear baking you'll be pleased to know there is no oven involved, just a bit of melting here and there not to mention smashing biscuits to bits! So here is my Crunchie Traybake...



Crunchie Traybake

Ingredients
200g digestive biscuits
100g butter
2tbsp golden syrup
250g milk chocolate
2 Crunchie bars

Method
1. Add the butter, 150g chocolate and the golden syrup to a pan and melt together until well combined.

2. Meanwhile put the biscuits in a food bag and smash using the end of a rolling pin until in chunky pieces.

3. Allow melted mixture to cool slightly before tipping in the broken biscuits and then combine.

4. Grease a tin, tip the biscuit mixture in and squash down until the base is covered.

5. Smash a Crunchie bar (still in it's wrapper), open at the top and sprinkle over the biscuit base evenly.

6. Place in the fridge for half an hour.

7. Melt the remaining chocolate and cover the biscuit base.

8. Smash the other Crunchie bar and sprinkle over the top before returning back to the fridge to set.

9. Once chilled, cut into pieces and enjoy! 


That's it! That really is all there is to it. So simple, so delicious and a great use of all that leftover Christmas chocolate that you are still trying to work through. You can change the Crunchie bar to Twix, Mars, whatever tickles your fancy. I'd love to know what you make of this recipe and what you've added to your mixture.


No comments:

Post a Comment