Sunday 27 April 2014

There ain't no rest for the wicked...

This weekend has been non-stop. I can't quite remember being this busy... ever. In a way it is great because often I feel as though we waste away weekends and that makes them go even faster.

Friday night I was of course busy making a birthday cake which I was up bright and early delivering to the little girl in time for her birthday party. After that Richard and I headed off to the Centre MK in the hope of making a start on our Summer wardrobe. We walked, and walked, and walked and I found... nothing. Not a single thing. Richard however was weighed down with bags and found everything he had set out to. Even items I had seen online with a view to trying on or buying, either weren't in sight or weren't stocked in my size.

Feeling disheartened we left and headed over to a nearby retail park that I had been tipped off about which contained shops such as Primark, New Look, Next, Dorothy Perkins, etc. Here we had a field day. Richard still bought more, spending over £40 in Primark alone. I also managed to buy some odds and ends but nothing that would make a valuable addition to my Summer wardrobe. We then decided to go into our local town's shopping centre to find Richard a pair of shoes that weren't stocked in the other shopping centres. It was here that I found some fantastic tartan items- leggings and a collared top from Quiz in Debenhams. My faith was restored! Hurrah. 

(Above- Tartan Collar Top from Quiz, Tartan Leggings from Quiz, Underwear from Primark, Foxy Socks from Primark and Black Tights from Primark).
It was after leaving that shopping centre that we realised we needed to go food shopping in order to survive and sadly we headed over to our local supermarket and did the boring weekly shop. We were exhausted but somehow managed to drag ourselves around the supermarket and eventually made it home. 

Richard was still pretty pleased with his days haul and very nearly brought these shades...


Today was another day of driving and walking, this time we were in High Wycombe to see Richard's favourite Rugby team play. I had never been to a Rugby match but after watching the Wasps game on telly last week and getting alarmingly 'into it' I was keen to see a game live. Richard impulsively purchased the tickets days before the game not realising quite how exhausting a Saturday we would have. The alarm was set for 8:45am but that was switched off and ignored for almost an hour. When we eventually pulled ourselves out of bed it was a quick change and cuppa before we were once again back in the car. 

Just as we entered High Wycombe the heavens opened and a storm hit. Neither of us were dressed for this and I was worried it would be Ashridge all over again. We managed to park close to the stadium and, armed with our faithful brolly, walked up to Adam's Park. It was heaving with fans all dressed in black and yellow. I was given a rather brilliant wasp headband and Richard was handed a flag which made up for the fact we had no money on us to buy merchandise let alone food.  We then headed to our seats and I must say I was thrilled with the view, I couldn't believe how close we were to the action.


The game got off to a brilliant start, with Wasps scoring in the first two minutes of the game and the action taking place right in front of us. The first half finished with the score at 13-10 to Wasps and we were more excited than ever. The second half however was a disappointment of poor refereeing decisions and bad moves, ending in Wasps losing 18-24. However disappointing the loss was, it was still an exhilarating game and one which I was glad to have witnessed first hand.

I may have just caught the Rugby bug...

No comments:

Post a Comment